Wednesday 24 September 2014

Crafternoon - Frosted Windows

At my house, we have quite a few windows. Which of course means spending quite a bit of money on window dressings. Or does it?

I recently came across an interesting idea, for creating a cheap alternative to curtains or blinds, but still allowing you the beautiful sunlight. Contact Paper,

Yes, the very contact you would cover books with, also works really well as a window treatment. I originally saw it here, and couldn't wait to go home and try it out for myself!

So, $3 and a combined total of 12 hours later, I am so happy with the results! It took a bit of dedication but once I worked out optimum placement for the pieces, everything else worked out like  a charm. I even remembered to take a few photos for you!

Start off with a stencil...


Then start tracing... Remember to draw on the paper side of the contact, not the shiny side.


Then start cutting. Trust me, you're going to want someone to help with this, two hands (with scissors) are better than one.



Chose your window, and make sure you clean it really well. The cleaner the window, the better the contact will stick.



Start sticking!


It's time consuming, but so worth it in the end. I love the overall look! I left a gap at the top and the bottom of the window, as I liked the look of it. It took about 80 separate shapes to do the one window, so make sure you cut out plenty of shapes. 

Now, on to the next project...

Love,

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment