Monday 29 September 2014

I Can Smell A Change In The Air

Ah, the sun is out, the birds are chirping, Summer is on it's way! Which means it's time for me to hide indoors somewhere with air-conditioning. My body and heat, just aren't friends. I have nosebleeds every day, I chafe, I sweat, I hate it. Seriously. I hate Summer. I am not afraid to say it;

I HATE SUMMER!

Bring on Winter or Autumn or Spring. Any of them, as long as they aren't Summer.

Anyway, Summer has nothing to do with this post, just thought I would tell everyone of my dislike for Summer.

So, as many of you know, I have an amazing best friend Alex, who features here and on my YouTube channel. Well, Alex has become a bit of a gym junkie the past couple of months, and mentioned her want for a 'gym buddy' when we were cooking the other night. 

Hmmm, me, go to the gym? Well, stranger things have happened!

We had a bit of a chat, about the benefits of going to the gym, and how fun it would be, and how motivating we would be for each other. We were looking at all of the classes available,  and though it took me a minute, I've decided to take that positive step forward in my life, and get healthy!  

Here is my before shot (shudder)



I'm meeting with one of the trainers from the gym tonight, to discuss membership options, and what might be suitable for me. Then hopefully, I can sign up for 12 months, and kick my lazy butt into gear! I've never really been excited about being active, but right now, I am anxious to leave work and head straight to the gym. I mean, I even packed my brand new gym gear (thank you Kmart!) and my runners. 

I just feel like it's the right time to make a change. I'm feeling better about myself more now than ever before, I'm in a really good place in my relationship, I love my job, the only thing I'm not 100% in love with is my body. 

The state of my body is entirely my fault. I can't blame my mother for feeding me crap, or my friends for being bad influences, I make my own choices, I decide what to eat and when to exercise. Still, it's kinda difficult going from a sedentary lifestyle, to one of constant movement. But, it's much easier taking little steps.

I've already started to change some of my bad habits. This morning, I had stevia in my coffee, instead of sugar. It tasted exactly the same, but without the empty calories. Which is handy. 

I also went for a walk during my lunch break, then did sit ups and my planks. My abs hurt, but it is so worth it. I already feel more energetic and full of life!

So, stay tuned for me making a fool out of myself as the gym, and remember, if I can do it, you can do it!

Love,

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment