Wednesday 5 November 2014

Healthy Home Made - Roasted Beetroot Dip

Recently I wrote a post for my HHM - Raw Beetroot Dip, and now I'm sharing my roasted beetroot dip recipe. All you need is a little time and patience... oh and a food processor. I originally sourced the recipe from here, but adapted it slightly for my tastes.

850g Fresh beetroot, peeled and cut into chunks
spray oil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
2 cloves of garlic
Splash of lemon juice

1) Lightly oil the beetroot, and bake at 180°c for 30 minutes, allow to cool. The beets should be soft, but firm. When you feel it, you'll know what I mean.
2) Blitz the now cooled beetroot, as well as the garlic and seasoning, until you reach the desired consistency. I like mine a little chunky.
3) Transfer the mix to a bowl, and fold in the yoghurt.

That's it. Roasting the beetroot brings out a slightly sweeter, deeper rich flavour, which I've found many people prefer. 

I made this yesterday to take to a Melbourne Cup BBQ, and it was a hit! I also took some home made falafel and roasted capsicum dip (which I'll post about soon). 

Beetroot is such a versatile vegie, and I still have a couple left, so look out for more beetroot recipes!

Love

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment