Monday 8 December 2014

Jadex Adventures: Christmas Gifts

Woah, guys, I've missed you! It's been so long since I've had a minute to myself, and actually had a chance to write anything down. But, fear not, I'm hear to fill you all in!

This weekend, Alex and I went adventuring, looking for Christmas presents. Now, I'm sure you all know by now, we love making hand made gifts, and this year will be no different. We wanted something that would either be tasty or useful, be quick and easy to make, and be able to be wrapped nicely (presentation counts here people!).

Sadly, I can't share the actual presents with you till after Christmas, cause, well, spoilers, duh. But I can share our shopping adventures! 

Our first stop was Food Factory Sales in Bayswater. They actually have another store in Shepparton, but that's waaaaaay to far away for my liking. The Bayswater store is pretty new, so isn't listed on their website yet.



So, in we went, full of excitement... I was mainly there to have a look at the jars, as I like to make and can my own pasta sauce and salsa. I also want to start making my own jams and chutneys, so this seemed the perfect place to look for canning goodies. They did not disappoint!



Clearly I was excited to buy ALL THE JARS. Not even kidding, I came home with probably 40 jars in different sizes. Not sure what I'm going to do with them all yet, but I will work it out!


Alex was excited by the flavour, 'Sasquatch Coconut Ice', what the hell does a sasquatch taste like, and why are you mixing it with coconut?!?!


We had a lot of run walking around looking at all of the different things. They have a lot of canned goods, pasta, jars of sauces, spices, cleaning products, and obviously jars. We went home with a small collection of things, which I was impressed with. I spent $99 in total! Granted it wasn't stuff I would normally buy, but because it was in bulk, I can store it at home, and not have to worry for a while about having to go out and buy it.


Next on our agenda was Bushy Park. We were looking for good priced fresh fruit and veg, and we were not disappointed! 


Alex was very excited by the nuts... and spaghetti quash, what ever that is!


After Bushy's, we popped part Alex's mums house so I could steal some eggs, then it was off to my house to start experimenting!

Now, as I mentioned above, I can't show you any photos, or tell you anything about our present idea, but keep your eyes peeled after Christmas for more information.

For now my sweets, have a great day!

Love

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment