Thursday 24 October 2013

My Favourites: Food

Okay, so if you've ever tried to compile a list of your favourite foods, you'll know it's no easy feat.
So instead of trying to tell you just a few things I love, I'm going to break it down. Because I'm a freak and I love lists...

Winter Food:

I am absolutely in love with potato and broccoli soup. It's so thick and delicious, served with Parmesan croutons, it's near on the greatest soup I've ever made. I have Alex to thank for that. Alex is my vegetarian friend. I tell you this, because she helps widen my culinary horizons, and is a good great cook.

Next I love my mums beef and barley casserole. There's just something about how simple and amazing it is. The meat is always cooked perfectly, tender and falling apart. The barley is always cooked just right and it's never soggy or gross. I friggin love it is what I'm trying to say.

Summer Food:

Justin and I recently came across Moroccan chicken seasoning, and instead of doing a boring seasoned chicken breast with vegies, we decided to mix it up a little. Along came our (going to be world) famous Moroccan Chicken Salad. Pretty much, we just chop up red, green and yellow capsicums, throw them in a bowl with some lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Then we crumble in some Aussie feta, dress it with our home made dressing, tear up the chicken and toss with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Divine.

You can't go past a classic food, and Caesar Salad is just one of those things. Almost everywhere I've had the salad, it's lovely. Something that is filling, yet light, and delicious.

Comfort Food (excluding ice cream or chocolate):

Growing up as a kid, the main meals I remember are steak and vegies, and spag bol. For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about, it's spaghetti bologna. A rich and hearty meat sauce, with freshly cooked pasta, topped with grated cheese. It's just delightful. My mum taught me pretty much everything I know about cooking, and her spag bol is one of my favourites. Of course, over the years, I've perfected it. Added a little red wine here, some bay leaves there. But now, it's a classic in my house hold. And when I have kids, they will fall in love with it too. They will have no choice.

Desserts:

There can be only one selection in this category. Cheesecake. I'm sure this needs no explanation.
But here are my favourite flavours (mostly made by mum): Cookies and Cream, White Choc, Double Choc, Caramel Swirl and French Vanilla.


So there you have it, just a quick post tonight, because I'm about to watch American Horror Story.

Lots of Love!

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment