Saturday 12 April 2014

A Perfect Saturday Night

I used to worry that I was getting old, and wouldn't be hip, cool or fun anymore. But, as I've grown older, I've also gained some wisdom along the way. I no longer really care about going out on a weekend and getting drunk. I don't worry about how other people perceive me. I'm just making sure I'm happy. Because in the grand scheme, isn't that the most important thing?

Sometimes I struggle with the joys of growing older. Making my budget stretch so I can pay all of my bills, and still have enough left over for food and petrol. They seem like mundane things now, and as a kid, all I wanted was to be a grown up. Be able to buy the candy and chocolate I want. Have my own car and be able to go where I want. Stay out late and cause trouble. But now that I'm almost here (I am after all only 25 years old), I do and don't understand the appeal. Don't get me wrong, I'm in a really happy place right now. I have an amazing boyfriend who is the love of my life, I can't see my life without him. I have an awesome house, which is now ours (renting though). I have my own car, which I chose and I love it. I love my job, and have many exciting opportunities ahead of me. 

Though, I still want to see everyone, and spend my time doing fun things. It's just now my fun things, are different kinds of fun things. Take tonight for example; I prepped and cooked delicious lasagna for dinner, while Justin did the dishes. We were listening to Dire Straights on vinyl, and bantering with each other. Then, when dinner was cooked, we sat down together, snuggled under a quilt, and watched tv. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't live for other people. Live for you, and do things you enjoy. Don't worry about what other people think, or how they're going to react. I stopped doing that a while ago, and I've never looked back.

Love,

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment