Tuesday 8 April 2014

Books! Books As Far As The...Bookcases Can Go!

I took the day off today, so that Justin and I could get a few extra things around the house done, like moving furniture, and getting things ready for someone to move into the other end of our house. We ended up moving three bookcases and Justin's radiogram. We've filled them all with books (mostly mine), our records, and some of Justin's comics. We've put all of our dvd's and cd's in the tv cabinet, and just have to work out how we're going to set up the dvd player and set top box. We weren't sure on where we would put everything, but it looks like we've found the perfect spot for them.

Working out the spacing for the bookcases

He's so excited!

The bookcase on the left, and in the middle are both full of my books, and they even started spilling out into the last bookcase.

Once we had everything moved, I set up my floor lamp that I bought from Ikea years ago, and then we were off to Kmart to find some nice light filtering curtains. We already have curtains for the new bedroom, and for the main window in the sunroom, which are block out curtains, but we wanted something for the sliding doors, on either side of the deck. We weren't keen on block out curtains for two reasons; 1) It would enclose the room and make it slightly claustrophobic, and 2) they're expensive. So we ended up with 2 pairs of soft neutral cotton light filtering curtains. 



I'm quite fond of them, they really suit the room, and don't block out too much light, while still enabling us to have some privacy. I like the lamp in the corner, it gives off just the right amount of light for the area, and it's not to harsh. I'd also like to have a few indoor plants in this area, I just think it would be really nice!




While we were moving all the books to their new home, I realised I had a hilarious amount of cook books! So many to the point where I have a whole cupboard full, as well as two shelves in a bookcase. Because I have amazing friends, who love me, and give me awesome cookbooks for my birthday, I now have 3 books dedicated to cupcakes. Yup, just cupcakes. 

The baking cookbooks care on the left side, separated by my book stand, then my general cookbooks are in the middle. My hand written recipes, as well as the ones mum has given me over the years, are all in the folders on the right hand side. But I'm thinking I might reorganise them into new folders with dividers, which should make things easier to find.


ALLLLLLL the cookbooks! I love them so much! Guess I should probably starting cooking things from them hahaha!



I guess that's about all for now. Back to work tomorrow, then moving a whole heap of things on the weekend, ready for our new border. But, more on that next time! 

Thanks for reading :)


Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment