Tuesday 8 April 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 12ish - Potato, Pumpkin & Leek Soup

It's coming into those colder months, where I just want to snuggle on the couch with a bowl of delicious soup, and listen to records.

Thankfully, soup is one of the easiest things to cook! I was going to make just plain potato and leek soup, but realised I had a chunk of pumpkin in the fridge too, so thought I'd throw that in as well.

The base recipe for this soup came from Alex, who loves soup even more than I do (I didn't think it was possible).

Potato, Pumpkin & Leek Soup

700gm Potato, chopped into small cubes
200gm Pumpkin, also cut into cubes
2 leeks, finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2tbsp oil/butter
4 cups vege stock
1.5c cups water
seasoning


  1. Soften leek and garlic with a bit of oil and butter, until sauteed.
  2. Add diced veges and cook down for 5-10 mins (depending on the size).
  3. Add stock and water, mix to combine.
  4. Cook everything down, until veges are soft, about 15 mins
  5. Take off the heat and blitz with a stick mixer until desired consistency is reached.
We add extra garlic!

Diced pumpkin

All the ingredients!

Action shot!


Now, I'll be honest, it's not the prettiest soup in the world, but it sure is hella tasty!

Got a favourite soup receipe? Let me know! I'd love to find some new creations to add to my collection.

Love

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment