Wednesday 11 February 2015

Not So Lazy Saturday

Hello my lovelies!

I've been quite busy the last few weeks, and finally have a chance to share things with you guys!

So anyway, last Saturday I had a great day out, and it all started out in a car park in Glen Waverley... At a Car Boot Sale!

I saw the massive yellow banner in front of the Salvation Army church on my travels the night before, and thought to myself, this could be a bit of fun. I woke up nice and early, 8am for your info, which on a Saturday morning is early, and off I went. 

The place was already packed when I arrived, so I had to park down the road and walk up to the actual sale. There were people everywhere! Mums, dads, kids, dogs, it was amazing to see how many people could fit into that small carpark. 

The stalls were selling all sorts of things, such as:
 - baby clothes
 - ladies clothes
 - kids toys
 - potted plants
 - electronic goods
 - books and comics
 - knick knacks

They had a sausage sizzle (of course), and everyone there was so nice!
I can home with a small haul of things, and only spent $40, which I was pretty impressed with. I bought, 12 Mr Men books, 20 Little Golden Books, a couple of random kids books, I also bought 8 Spiderman comics for Justin, and a few things for my friend Georgia's daughter including an awesome Fairy book in mint condition (for $1!!!), a super cute denim overalls dress, a super cute pink adjustable hat, and a bag full of kids hair accessories.

 



They hold the sales once a month in the warmer months of the year, and I was thinking of holding my own stall. We have so many 'things' at home that we just don't need or use, and someone else may love them more than we do. It only costs $10 for the stall, so even if I only break even, at least I will have less useless things at home!

I'm hoping I can drag a couple of friends down with me, and make a day out of it. 

What sort of things would you guys buy at a car boot sale? Do you have any tips for me? 
Leave them in a comment down below!

Much love,

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment