Monday 11 November 2013

A Homemade Christmas

If only money was no object, I would spoil my friends and family with such amazing Christmas presents. But unfortunately we have to work hard for the pittance of money we earn. We have to make it stretch but it seems like an almost impossible task, especially with the holidays coming. Almost impossible...

But I'm here to help! This year I intend to give handmade gifts. Not the macaroni covered angel decoration, something classier. Which got me to thinking, how can I make every present this year?

Unfortunately I can't, mainly because I'm not overly talented in the art department (thankfully, I have friends who are much more arty inclined than I, and are giving me a hand this year). But what I can do, are hundreds of things in the kitchen! Let me begin...

Home Made:

  • Vanilla Extract
  • Infused Alcohol
  • Shaving Cream
  • Moisturising Bars
  • Infused Cooking Oils
  • Bath Salts
  • Taco Sauce (actual food)
  • Scented Candles
  • Body Wash
  • Lip Balm

And I can also be quite crafty, just not artsy...

  • Animal jewellery hanger
  • Dream Catcher
  • Stamped scarf/handkerchief
  • Candle Holders (Tea Light Candles)
  • Cupcake Stand

Then there's how to wrap it. Of course I could scour the stores looking for the perfect wrapping paper and gift tags. But I could also...make my own! I'm debating between:

  • Word search, put lots of peoples names on the paper, then circle the gift recipient
  • Stamped paper, themed to the recipient
  • Black paper with white markers
  • Butchers/brown paper with 3D flowers
  • Vintage style labels (for jars etc)

Anyway, I'm sure there are even more things I could make for people this year, but for the moment, this is what I have.

Now, a note to any of my family and friends reading this post - Just because I've listed it, it doesn't mean I'm going to make it. You still have no idea what I'm getting you, so ner!

Lots of home made love!

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment