Wednesday 24 July 2013

Childhood Memories

Talking with my dad today, I started thinking back to my childhood and all the entertaining shenanigans we used to get up to.

I'm feeling quite nolstagic now and I wanted to share a few of my memories with you. I can't remember much from when I was little, so there are quite a few big gaps in my memory.

I remember when,

Dad and I made our own sail boats from little cardboard boxes, and we would waterproof them with candle wax. We would light the candle and let the wax drip onto the boat until the bottom was completely sealed. Then we would race down to the local park after it had been raining, and try to sail them in the giant puddle, which always formed at the entrance to the park.

I tried to cook my dad dinner one night. I refused to let him help, and he ended up with salty dry mashed potato, cold beans and carrots, and some form of meat. I couldn't stomach it, but dad ate it, constantly saying it was delicious. It wasn't.

One night, there was a meteor shower, so dad and I lay on his car bonnet, rugged up under blankets, watching the stars. I fell asleep and woke to the sun rising the next day.

We couldn't afford to buy a washing machine, so dad and I used to go to the local laundromat to do our washing. We always went at night, because then we could have all of the machines to ourselves, and be silly whilst we waiting for the washing to finish. I was so excited to put the coins in the machines and turn them on.

Dad came to my primary school assembly, and I was awarded with pupil of the week. Dad cheered so loud, and after we were dismissed he was bright red and so excited. he gave me the biggest hug of my life.

Anyway,

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment