Wednesday 26 March 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 11 - Vege Soup

Justin and I have both been struck down with a throat & chest infection, which of course means staying home eating soup and watching tv. But last week Justin was sick, and this week I'm sick, so this means there's pretty much no soup left in the house. Booo-urns. 

But, never fear, we'll just make some more! But, this means I have to go out of the house, and I actually have to get dressed. Neither of which I'm either fond of, but I guess considering I haven't put pants on in the last 3 days, I think it's about time. 

So, begrudgingly I got dressed, and Justin dragged me out of the house and to the supermarket. Which I later realised, was a really good idea, because we had pretty much no food in the house!

We decided to just go with plain vege soup, and just throw as many vegies in there as we could find! 



We started with diced onion, finely sliced leek and some garlic. Cooked that off till it was nice and aromatic, then added our chopped vegies of choice, which were: carrots, celery, potatoes and zucchini. Once all of that had been cooking for a little while, then we add some stock, heat that through and add seasoning. 
Then it's just a waiting game. Keep cooking till all of your vegies are cooked through.

It tastes delicious, and is really good for you.

So, hopefully this helps me get over my yukky sickness, and back to work on Monday, cause I'll tell you what, I'm going crazy being at home!

Talk soon, 

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment