Monday 31 March 2014

Starting Fresh - The Times Are A Changin'

Hey folks!

If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that there are a few things going on over at my house. 
I used to live with my dad and my boyfriend, but as of 6am this morning, my dad moved out.

Saying goodnight last night was almost bitter sweet. I was happy for the freedom, but sad to be losing my dad. He's not moving to another country or anything, he's heading up to Thomastown to help out my aunt.
But even though I'll still talk to him all the time, it's going to be strange not seeing him in the morning when I'm getting ready for work, or on the weekends when we have dinner together (like a real family).

At the same time, I'm so excited for this amazing new chapter in my life. Justin and I are starting a new phase in our relationship. We've been living together for the past couple of years, but it's always been 'Justin lives with dad and I'. Now, it's Justin and I live together. Justin and I, live together. It looks strange to write it down, but I love how it flows from the tongue.

We'll be moving down to the other end of the house, and setting it up like a real home. New curtains, fresh paint, new furniture. We have so much work to do, I'm just glad he's there so we can make this house our home, together.

I'll (hopefully) remember to take some photos of our journey, so you can follow along with us. From furniture shopping, to choosing the new paint scheme, to cleaning and redecorating. I'm full to the brim with ideas for our house, and can't wait to share them with you all! Mind you, Justin still thinks teal, aqua and turquoise are all classed as 'blue', so I don't think he's going to be much help with colours. 

Much love, 

Jayde xx


No comments:

Post a Comment