Friday 23 May 2014

Crafternoon - Spiked Sunglasses

Jayde here, with another awesome crafternoon post! As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I made spiked sunglasses. So read on to find out how to make these simple yet fabulous fashionable sunglasses!

First we need supplies:
Any pair of sunglasses that you want to jazz up
A choice of studs, big, small, spikey etc
Strong craft glue
Pliers (optional)


Now that you've decided on some rad spikes to accessorise your boring sunglasses with. We need to work out how they're going to sit on the actual frames. Keep in mind that you don't want to block out your vision, make them uncomfortable, or top heavy so they fall off! 

See below? That's how I decided to place the spikes on the front of my frames. I found it easer to actually work out the placement on the frame, then take the spikes off in the right shape, then glue them on one by one. 

Make sure you have nice strong glue, otherwise, like me, the first time you take off your rad sunnies and put them in your bag.... all of the spikes will break off. But never to mind, just need to try a different glue next time!

So, here are my awesome sunglasses (once I repaired them). They're my goth goldilocks glasses, they're a little bit punk, but they sit just right!




Next time I want to try out the whole 'hey let's where tiny flowers on our sunnies' trend. Now to find some tiny flowers...

Until then!

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment