Friday 31 May 2013

They Say Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness

What a stupid saying!

To me anyway.

I don't follow an organised religion, but I do understand the saying. "Clutter is the devils work", also has the same effect.

I don't think God or Satan have anything to do with my happiness or well being, and they definitely have nothing to do with my cleaning habits.

I live in what I like to call "Organised Chaos". My room is dishevelled, but I can find almost everything I want (unless Justin has moved it and not told me), my desk at work looks like it is growing a new layer of paper every day, but underneath the paper, is a well organised machine.

I do enjoy having things tidy, but after a while it becomes hard to maintain! It's said that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, but no one really knows where the saying originates. The problem is that the evidence they used to back up the saying, is based on experience, and not controlled based experiments. So really, it takes however long it takes.

So I don't have to follow any rules when it comes to cleaning or being tidy.

I do what I want!

Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment