Saturday 25 May 2013

Skill, Set, Match

Everyone knows that one person, who is overly passionate about sporting, fitness or healthy eating.

I am not one of those people.

I used to play softball at my local grounds, but once I realised I didn't enjoy it as much anymore, I wanted something else to fill in my time. I didn't want to play another "sport" as such, with all the running and sweating. Gross. So I went looking for something new!

Bowls? Nah, I'm too young and good looking.

Darts? Nah, I don't enjoy the smell of stale cigars and beer.

Pool? Mmm, maybe, but then I'd have to buy a pool table, and balls, and cue. Pfft, too expensive.

Fishing? I like animals. Even fish. So no.

Juggling? Well we all know how competitive juggling goes... (if not, please search for it in YouTube)

What was left? Not much really. But then I happened upon a photo of a friend. What was in this photo you say? A target, a bow, and some arrows.

That's what I want, I thought to my self.

No physical fitness required, relatively cheap, and I can do it by myself.

So off I went one Sunday morning, to Highett. I will admit, I was a little nervous going by myself. But after the demonstration, and shooting my first couple of arrows, I was hooked! I spent the entire "come and try" session, soaking up as much information as I could. I involved myself in every conversation about archery and listened attentively to the instructors.

I had tried archery at a school camp, many years ago, and had a bit of fun, but never thought I could be good at it.


Now here I am. 5 classes in, and still in love with the sport of archery. I was awarded with my Novice 120 certificate today, and cannot wait to get my 140 & 160 next week.

*Super excited about receiving my Novice 120 Certificate*

So stay tuned boys and girls, while I take you on this wild journey of bows and arrows.


Jayde xx

No comments:

Post a Comment