Wednesday 12 June 2013

Product Review: L'Oreal Infalliable Lipstick 312 Ravishing Red

If you've been reading, by now you'll know that I love lipsticks, and I mean love them. I have a small collection, of over 50 different shades. They range from K-Mart brand BYS, to L'Oreal & Revlon. I love them all. I have everything from pinks and reds, to purples, browns and oranges.

When I realised I had so many, I decided to do The Lipstick Diaries. A photo of each of my amazing lipsticks. But I've thought of something even better, a product review!

So each week (or so), I'll be doing a review on a lipstick. Today is L'Oreal Infallible in 312 Ravishing Red.



L'Oreal Infallible in 312 Ravishing Red.

I bought this at K-Mart a couple of months ago for about $15. It's a brilliant Goldilocks red, not to bright, and not to dark, just right!

According to L'Oreal, it's designed to last for 10hrs. I wore mine to work, drank 3 cups of coffee, and ate my lunch, and it was still there! A little worn, but after a light touch up, all was right in the world.


Because it is the long last formula, it feels a little dry once it's set. It didn't make my lips look dry or flakey though, which was a bonus. But for all you lovelies out there who like a glossy lip, wearing a clear or lightly red tinted lip gloss works well. Obviously though, with the gloss, the intense colour doesn't last as long. It has almost a matt finish, but a slight shimmer at the same time.

When I wear lipstick, I like to make sure I wear a lip liner as well, to minimise colour bleeding, with 312 I had absolutely no bleed! It has a creamy texture when applying it, and no discernible "lipsticky" taste.

Scoring is as follows:

Price: 8/10
Colour: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Taste: 8/10
Wear: 7/10

An all around winner in my books, 8/10.



Because red is such a classic colour, I like to team mine with a simple face, light blush, luscious thick black mascara and black winged liner.












Jayde xx


No comments:

Post a Comment